Random Insanities on a Monday Morning

Disclaimer: I NEVER claimed to be nice. I take pride in being an ass.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

That'll Teach Me...

So Great Oak has graciously awarded Megan, Jesse, and myself with 2 tickets each to Vegas, hotel included. We decided it would be fun if we made a group trip of it with our regular happy hour crowd. Unfortunately Heather is no longer Greak Oak's HR lady (she quit on Friday) so Jesse will bring her, I will bring Kia, and Megan will bring Janelle. OK. So emails have been flying back and forth these last couple of days, everyone CCing everyone else, trying to coordinate the dates that work best for everyone. (I know I'm boring you so far, but stick with me. I'm setting the scene.)

Yesterday morning, Coop (my sexy boss that I have crushie on) comes in the office and tells us that we cant go together because the office will fall apart without the three of us. Blah. And so the furious emails ensue, everyone being sad that we cant go together, trying to work it out anyway, etc etc. Kia suggests that I sleep with Coop to help sway his decision. I respond to all that I am already doing the boss.

Somewhere along the way though, Heather's Hotmail email account got substituted for her old Great Oak email. Of course now that she is no longer an employee of Great Oak, her emails are being directly forwarded to Shein, the VP. Yep. He read everything.

I wont give you the details on how I figured it out--it's boring. But I did. And i was embarrassed.
But it gets worse. Jesse told me that Shein had forwarded the emails to Coop and the Boston partner and that they're all laughing at my expense. So at this point I figure I have to ease the weirdness and say something to Cooper. It went something like this:

Amalia: So you got Kia's email eh? LOL
Coop: what email?
Amalia: Shein didnt forward it to you?
Coop: huh? no?

Thoroughly confused, I pick up the phone (the above was on IM) and confirm he really has no idea what transpired, and then i proceed to tell him the entire story, very embarrassed. At the end of it all, I'm half laughing, half almost-crying because I'm all red in the face. Then Cooper bursts out laughing and says "I KNEW ALREADY HAHA JUST WANTED TO HEAR YOU SAY IT. Still love me?"

The rest of the day he was calling me sweetheart and all sorts of other weird things. Apparently this little joke isnt going to die anytime soon. I'm gonna go throw myself into the paper shredder.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT made my day!! best blog.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the cubicle King but I may have to reliquish my crown.

That was hilarious.

-Cubicle King

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, go sleep with him.

Think about the rest of us.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jacob Da Jew said...

Haha!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boss wants to bang you.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home